Now that you have your new practice schedule, here are more details about what to expect:
- No spectators. We know you love to watch your kids but until further notice we’re limiting gym entry to players, coaches and staff. You’re welcome to watch practice online! We’re live streaming practices at sandiego.socalvbc.com/socal-live-courts. This is a private page just for members, the password is: bekind
- Taking it slow. Our girls had three months off. Jumping into full speed volleyball is a recipe for an injury. I’m working with Physical Therapist Gwen Alden on practice plans that will rebuild our players’ athletic foundation…slowly. We want our girls to be rockin’ for their next competitive season. (If your school cancelled their fall season, we’ve expanded our Fall Ball Program. Your team can play with us!)
- No mingling between teams. The county protocol requires we train in stable groups of 12 players (plus coaches). This means the same 12 players will remain together in a training pod, and will not mix with other pods. So there will be no inter-team scrimmages or tournaments until further notice. Players will not be required to wear masks while training.
- Good times! I’m STOKED to get back in the gym with our teams. We’re offering lots of training options, come to whatever you can. If you can’t make it, no problem. This place is for you guys! 💕
I’m SO excited to get started. If you haven’t already:
- Watch the welcome back video for important player and parent instructions. This answers A LOT of frequently asked questions.
- Have the player’s parent or guardian submit an online waiver.
See you in the gym!!!
P.S. Practice check-in will take some time, so arrive a few minutes early and hang out in your car in the air conditioning until we GroupMe you to get in line!