Congrats to 15-Iona on their 4-0 finish in SCVA Mandatory #3. This team just keeps getting better!
About AudreyAudrey is the General Manager at SoCal Athletics. A former All-American, she's holds a B.A. in Psychology from UCSD and a Masters of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition.
A loving congratulations to our 18-Aurora Setter Annie Nugent for her commitment to play at the University of Saint Katherine! Annie has been a loyal SoCalien since she was 9 years old. We are just so incredibly proud of ALL of the hard work she has put in– whether it be playing, coaching FutureStars, helping with other teams, or working in the gym. She is a tireless, passionate, workhorse and she ALWAYS gets it done for her teams. She has always said she wants to Coach, and you best believe you’ll be seeing her in our gym over the next 4 years. We love you Annie!
There is a natural transition in springtime. Not just with foliage, but with our FutureStars players and Local Program too.
Many of our FutureStars players have been attending clinics regularly and are ready for the next level.
Meanwhile, our Local Teams have been together since October and are now competing in tournaments. So April is a natural point in the season to stop adding new players to Local Teams. Since we opened our doors in 2003, we’ve found it’s the best thing to do for our teams, current members, and players who want to join.
So if your child has attended FutureStars for a while, and they’re ready for the next step. Rather than joining the current Local Program in the Spring, we think they’ll enjoy these programs more:
- Beach clinics. Beach volleyball is a fantastic way to develop an indoor player’s ball control. The sand and wind add new ways to challenge players.
- Beginner/intermediate summer camps. These are similar to FutureStars clinics and cover beginning fundamentals. Kids train Monday through Thursday in the morning.
- Flex Summer Training (Local Teams). This program is similar to our Local Clinics; you’ll be training with other Local Program players over the summer. We recommend this for players who’ve attended at least 32 FutureStars Clinics (or four semesters).
- Fall Ball season. This season is a fun 10-week season with tournaments in Poway. Fall Ball Team evaluations are tentatively scheduled for Sunday, August 15th. The link to RSVP is coming to our website soon.
- The upcoming Local Program season. Local Team evaluations are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 30th. We’d love to see you there! The link to RSVP is coming to our website soon.
If you have any questions, email us at [email protected], and we’ll help you out!
A fun, developmental clinic for girls and boys designed to give a fundamental understanding of beach volleyball techniques and skills in a comfortable, kind environment.
Train Wednesdays 4:30-5:45pm, May 12, 2021 – June 30, 2021 at Mission Hills Beach Courts.
Attend one clinic per week (eight weeks) for just $180!
Come play in our Memorial Day 6×6 Adult Indoor Tournament Monday, May 31st from 8:00am – 2:00pm! It’s going to be a fun day of volleyball, food trucks and more!
For ages 18 and up. Choose from coed or women’s division. The coed division will be played on a coed net.
Online registration required. Players are responsible for forming their own teams, player’s must register online individually. Registration is $10/player and includes a SoCal t-shirt.
Don’t have a team? Let us know in the registration process and we’ll try to match you with one!
Prep for July’s club tryouts by learning advanced volleyball concepts with experienced SoCal VBC instructors. This program covers structured drills to improve all elements of a player’s game: ball control, precision setting, explosive hitting, aggressive serving and more! Then player’s put it all together with competitive scrimmages. Perfect for Regional and National team players who want to separate themselves from the pack.
Choose weekly pricing at $129/week (four sessions, M-Th).
Or save $122 when you register for the full three weeks (12 training sessions) for just $265!
Online registration required. Space is limited.
Are you a SoCal Volleyball Club Alumni back in town over the summer? Don’t get rusty in the offseason! Join our summer alumni training to stay in shape, keep your skills sharp, and have some fun! Each session we’ll run a few structured drills and get lots of playing. Remember you always have a home here at SoCal.
Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00pm – 3:00pm Jul 5, 2021 – Sep 1, 2021 (18 days)
$35/week or $215 for all 18 sessions. Online registration required.