There is a natural transition in springtime. Not just with foliage, but with our FutureStars players and Local Program too.
Many of our FutureStars players have been attending clinics regularly and are ready for the next level.
Meanwhile, our Local Teams have been together since October and are now competing in tournaments. So April is a natural point in the season to stop adding new players to Local Teams. Since we opened our doors in 2003, we’ve found it’s the best thing to do for our teams, current members, and players who want to join.
So if your child has attended FutureStars for a while, and they’re ready for the next step. Rather than joining the current Local Program in the Spring, we think they’ll enjoy these programs more:
- Beach clinics. Beach volleyball is a fantastic way to develop an indoor player’s ball control. The sand and wind add new ways to challenge players.
- Beginner/intermediate summer camps. These are similar to FutureStars clinics and cover beginning fundamentals. Kids train Monday through Thursday in the morning.
- Flex Summer Training (Local Teams). This program is similar to our Local Clinics; you’ll be training with other Local Program players over the summer. We recommend this for players who’ve attended at least 32 FutureStars Clinics (or four semesters).
- Fall Ball season. This season is a fun 10-week season with tournaments in Poway. Fall Ball Team evaluations are tentatively scheduled for Sunday, August 15th. The link to RSVP is coming to our website soon.
- The upcoming Local Program season. Local Team evaluations are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 30th. We’d love to see you there! The link to RSVP is coming to our website soon.
If you have any questions, email us at [email protected], and we’ll help you out!